Please read these terms and
conditions before accessing or using
1. General. This User Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of a license for you to use FAO Treaties Online, FAO Legal Papers Online, FAOLEX or FISHLEX (hereinafter collectively "FAO Legal Office Databases"). By accessing and/or using any of the FAO Legal Office Databases, you consent and agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions of this User Agreement. The rights and obligations concerning use of the FAO Legal Office Databases in accordance with this User Agreement are personal to you or to members of your household and are not transferable to any other person or entity. From time to time, the FAO Legal Office may modify these terms and conditions. Accordingly, please continue to review the terms and conditions whenever accessing or using the FAO Legal Office Databases, since any use by you after any such changes, modifications, or additions shall be governed by this User Agreement.
2. Usage. Each of the FAO Legal Office Databases contains copyrighted material and/or other proprietary information and thus, are protected by copyright laws and regulations worldwide. FAO hereby grants you a license to use, download and print the materials contained in the FAO Legal Office Databases solely for your own non-commercial purposes and in accordance with this User Agreement, provided that you do not alter or remove any copyright symbol or other identification concerning authorship of any of the materials contained on or otherwise made available to you in the FAO Legal Office Databases. Except as may otherwise be expressly permitted by applicable law, any copying, browsing, redistribution, publication, or commercial exploitation of any material contained on or otherwise made available to you on the FAO Legal Office Databases is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of the FAO Legal Office or third party copyright owners. Any requests for permission to reproduce or otherwise use any material contained on or otherwise made available to you on the FAO Legal Office Databases other than as provided for herein, should be directed to the FAO Legal Office at: www.fao.org
3. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitations on Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL USE OF THE FAO LEGAL OFFICE DATABASES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER FAO, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE FAO LEGAL OFFICE DATABASES WILL BE FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR FREE FROM ERRORS; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE FAO LEGAL OFFICE DATABASES, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE FAO LEGAL OFFICE DATABASES.
YOU FURTHER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND HYPERLINKS PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH THE FAO LEGAL OFFICE DATABASES AND LOCATED ON OTHER SITES THROUGHOUT THE COMBINED GLOBAL ELECTRONIC NETWORKS KNOWN AS THE INTERNET AND THE WORLD-WIDE-WEB ARE PROVIDED SOLELY AS A RESOURCE AND A CONVENIENCE TO YOU. SUCH HYPERLINKS TO OTHER SITES ARE NOT AN ENDORSEMENT BY FAO OF THOSE SITES. FAO MAKES NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CONTENT OF SUCH INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND HYPERLINKS. USERS ARE INFORMED THAT OFFICIAL TITLES OF LAWS, REGULATIONS, ETC. MAY BE MODIFIED ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF FACILITATING RESEARCH. FAO HAS NOT TESTED ANY SOFTWARE LOCATED ON OTHER SITES AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE QUALITY, SAFETY, RELIABILITY OR SUITABILITY OF SUCH SOFTWARE.
THE FAO LEGAL OFFICE DATABASES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL FAO BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS OR PROFITS, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE FAO LEGAL OFFICE DATABASES, EVEN IF FAO WAS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
You acknowledge and agree that the delivery system used for the FAO Legal Office Databases, i.e. the Internet and the World Wide Web, are unpredictable and may, from time to time, impede access to the FAO Legal Office Databases. You acknowledge and agree that FAO is in no way responsible to you in any way whatsoever for any interference with your use of or access to any of the FAO Legal Office Databases and you expressly waive and forever discharge and release any and all claims against FAO in connection therewith.
4. Indemnification. By using any of the FAO Legal Office Databases, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless FAO, its employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the use of the FAO Legal Office Databases by you or by anyone having access to FAOLEX by means of your Account.
5. Termination. Either you or FAO may terminate this User Agreement at any time, effective immediately, with or without prior notice to the other party. Termination of this Agreement automatically terminates your license to use the FAO Legal Office Databases and any content or other material contained therein. The provisions of Section 3, 4, 6 and 7 shall survive any termination of this User Agreement.
6. Governing Law; Disputes. This User Agreement shall be governed by general principles of law, to the exclusion of any single national system of law. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under or pursuant to this User Agreement shall be settled by mutual agreement. If FAO and you are unable to reach agreement on any question in dispute, either party shall have the right to request arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law. FAO and you agree to be bound by any arbitration ruling rendered in accordance with the above, as the final adjudication of any such dispute. Nothing contained in or related to this User Agreement shall be deemed a waiver, express or implied, of the privileges and immunities of FAO.
7. Miscellaneous. This User Agreement and any FAO Legal Office policies relating to your operation and use of the FAO Legal Office Databases constitute the entire agreement and understanding between FAO and you with respect to the subject matter hereof. The provisions of this User Agreement shall inure to the benefit of FAO and its third-party content providers and licensors. No waiver by any party hereto of any of the provisions hereof or of any breach or other default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.